Sunday, April 17, 2016

"I'm Mad as Hell": Air Force Members Blame Health Horrors on Toxic Exposure

From:  Truth Out 

Sunday, 17 April 2016 00:00  
By Daniel Ross, Truthout | Report 

George Air Force Base, in California, where the local water board is pushing for more comprehensive groundwater monitoring of contaminants. (Credit: Dan Ross) George Air Force Base, in California, where the local water board is pushing for more comprehensive groundwater monitoring of contaminants. (Credit: Dan Ross)  
Two memories stand out to Terrine Crooks from her arrival at George Air Force Base in the summer of 1980. One is the sense of apprehension she felt at seeing for the first time the broad, flat, barren expanse of the base on the skirt-tails of the Mojave Desert. "I was like, 'oh my God.' I was a New Hampshire girl who'd left a beautiful green land."

The second, she said, was how she was told by in-processing personnel not to get pregnant while stationed there.

"I was young, I didn't question it," she said. "I already had a daughter."  MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment