Friday, April 22, 2016

Forget About Climate Change, America's Refineries Make Keystone XL A Bad Idea

From:  Forbes 

When I filled up my hybrid’s gasoline tank last week, the pump price had jumped 30 cents from my last fill-up. I said to myself, “Hmmm…something’s going on.” Gasoline prices don’t just move up and down on a whim. So when I found out about the refinery woes going on across the country, I wasn’t surprised.

A devastating explosion destroyed much of Exxon Mobil XOM +0.85%’s Torrance refinery in California two weeks ago and severely cut into America’s ability to make gasoline. Residents for miles around had to cope with ash, gaseous fumes and really unhealthy air quality.

Add striking workers at nine other U.S. refineries to this explosive shutdown, and almost a fifth of America’s refinery output is in jeopardy because of continuing safety issues.  MORE

No comments:

Post a Comment